MT-Propeller Now Available
MT Natural Composite Propellers are now available at Airframes Alaska.
Contact our Pro Desk, or visit one of our retail locations to see the props in person.
More facts about the
Natural Composite MT-Propellers
- Reduced Weight – MT Natural Composite
Propellers are significantly lighter than aluminum propeller systems.
This saves weight where it is most important, on the end of your engine
- Reduced vibration – Aluminum supports
harmonic vibration. Composite does not. Other parts of your plane
(gyros, motor mounts, radios, heat muffs, cowlings) will have a longer
life with reduced vibration.
- Greater Strength – These are the same natural composite blades
and hub that are used in our Unlimited Aerobatic Propeller Series. We
also use stainless steel instead of aluminum for the leading edge guard.
- Unlimited Blade Life – Metal props
have absolute dimension limits. Every time you have a nick filed out and
the prop dressed, you get closer to that limit. At some point it will
exceed the use tolerances and must be scrapped. In addition, each time a
metal prop is dressed, you will change the optimized performance
dimensions established by the manufacturer.
MT Propellers, when overhauled, are brought back to exact factory new
- Steel Hub Inserts – MT Propeller hubs
use a steel bearing insert that is replaceable. Standard hubs wear
against the machined aluminum and must be completely replaced when
exceeding the tolerances.
- Quieter – 3 blade conversions result in
smaller diameter compared to 2-blade installations. Shorter blades run
quieter than long blades due to the lower tip speeds. Another advantage
of lower tip speeds is the maintenance of smooth airflow across the
blades. This results in more lift/thrust.
- Less Drag – A smaller prop arc disk has less drag than a larger diameter prop arc discs.
- More Ground Clearance – A smaller diameter
of the propeller installation will provide less chance of prop damage
from objects picked up from the ground.
- Adds Resale Value – Like air conditioning
in a car, you get to enjoy the benefits while it is yours, then get back
what you paid for it in the future.
- Easy Installation– Simply bolt it on. Uses existing prop governor.
- Full Warranty – 1 year or 1000 hours (which ever occurs first) for any manufacturing defects.
- Choice of Colors – White, Black or Grey. Custom colors available with small up-charge.
- Cool Look – Your plane will look faster and more modern with the sleek MT Prop hanging on the front.